Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Housing Options and Advice Officer
Date: 12 Aug 2021
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Housing Options and Advice Officer in a temp position for our client. The successful candidate will be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
The role of a Housing officer is usually responsible for a estate or group of properties, this role involves supporting tenants and encouraging them to take part in tenancy groups that help shape the community in which they live. This job would typically include: assessing the needs of people applying for housing.
A Housing officer also deals with the admin and maintains accurate records relating to the housing options service to provide accurate, good quality and timely advice and assistance to applicants and to provide support and advice to other teams in respect of housing options matters and if need be to provide cover for the New Tenancy Team when necessary.
- Making section 184 decisions under Housing Act 1996 Part VI & VII as amended by the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
- Carrying out enquiries to determine what duties are owed to applicants.
- Writing decision letters ceasing duty towards applicants for rent arrears, anti-social behaviour or abandonment under s.193(6)
- Creating personal housing plans with individual clients to assist them in resolving their homelessness under the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
- Issuing notification letters explaining what duties are owed to applicants
- Assisting in aftercare process for legacy cases i.e. changes in household, reassessing suitability of temporary accommodation.
- Knowledge of all relevant housing and immigration Legislation
- Good computer skills and experience in working with databases
- Extensive knowledge of homelessness reduction act and it’s application
- To have good knowledgeof housing of housing Acts 1985, 1988 and 1996
- Knowledge of the homelessness Act 2002 prevention from eviction Act 1977
- Experience in deleving a quality service in advice homless prevetion
- Experience of front line contact with public in service delivery and communicating complex information in clear manner and maintaning contemporaneous notes and manging a case load
- Experience in working in a team and on own intiative with minimal supervision
- Experience of negotiating effectively and working in partnership with other departments, external agengies to achieve corporate goals.
- Right to Work Documents
- National Insurance
- Proof of Address