Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Active Travel Support Officer (Sc6) Admin and Clerical
Reference:BBS/ACTIVE TRAVEL SU
Date: 07 Jul 2022
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Active Travel Support Officer (Sc6) Admin and Clerical) in a temporary to permanent position for our client in Islington. The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
• To assist the team to provide, maintain, implement, review and pro-actively
improve the services provided by the Active Travel Team.
• To respond to correspondence, ensuring Council deadlines are met.
• To assist in the maintenance and creation of local IT applications, such as Excel,
• To develop general office processes and procedures.
• To assist in the execution and development of financial processes and systems.
• To ensure that internet pages are up to date and continuously improved as directed
by your line manager.
• Be the first point of contact for all customer and internal enquiries.
• Ensure that the team is represented accurately in all forms of communication.
• Manage the arrangements of team meetings, producing and distributing minutes.
• Ensure that the highest standards of accuracy and clarity are achieved.
• To deal with telephone enquiries for the service.
• Improve communication channels with other services to facilitate a better integration of schemes.
• To ensure that where site visits are needed, they are dealt with in a timely fashion.
• To maintain and produce reports and disseminate this information when required.
• To review existing monitoring and evaluation procedures and develop and implement ways to accurately determine and record progress made by businesses, organisations and residential communities tackling and implementing active travel plans, towards Islington’s Transport Strategy and Net Zero Carbon targets and other Council priorities.
• To be responsible for undertaking risk assessments.
• To use and assist others in the use of information technology systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner.
• To achieve agreed service outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by the line manager.
• To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder.
• The post holder is expected to be committed to the Council’s core values of public service, quality, equality and empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way they carry out their duties.
• Ensure all the services within the area(s) of responsibility are provided in accordance with the Council's commitment to high quality service provision to users.
• Ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the Data Protection Act and other legislation.
2 Years References