Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Senior Customer Access Officer
Location: Woolwich, Greater London
Date: 10 Sep 2021
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for Senior Customer Access Officer in a temporary position for our client based in Woolwich, London. The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone that genuinely wants to progress their career and looking to take their next career move.
Purpose of Job:
To be responsible for the provision of an initial advice and information service to customers who attend, phone or email the Housing Inclusion Service, ensuring that highest standards of customer care are attained.
To manage the Housing Inclusion Service reception service at Woolwich Service Centre, ensuring that customers receive a prompt, helpful and appropriate service according to Council performance targets.
- Be responsible for the management and supervision of a team of Customer Service Officers ensuring that all the requirements relating to their supervision, recruitment, induction, training, development and discipline are met.
- Monitor the day-to-day workload of the Customer Service Officers, prioritise their workload and ensure that continuity of service is always provided.
- Supervise the delivery of initial advice to customers contacting the service, ensuring they are provided with accurate information and advice courteously and quickly and according to Council service standards.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge and understanding of housing options, private sector options and advice, choice-based lettings and of related services available for customers.
- Participate in rota and cover arrangements, providing cover to other managers and staff within the service as required.
- Assist in the establishment of targets and the monitoring of performance, including carrying out customer satisfaction surveys as required.
- Provide advice and guidance to Customer Access Officers in responding to customer’s enquiries. To liaise with other sections, departments and external agencies to resolve difficulties and promote positive working relationships.
- To deal with initial complaints, queries, correspondence and telephone enquiries including undertaking interviews/visits where appropriate.
- To assist the Customer Access and Support Manager in developing procedures and practice to achieve improvements in service delivery and customer care.
- A working knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, regulations, policies and procedures in relation to adults and housing and how these are applied to service delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively face to face, over the telephone and in writing.
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate a team as well as working on own initiative.
- Ability to plan, manage and prioritise own workloads and those of others, meeting tight deadlines and ensuring performance targets are met.
- Ability to produce high quality written notes, letters and e mail responses that are appropriate, timely and accurate.
3 month minimum contract
We do receive a significant number of applications for these roles and are unable to reply to each one, if you do not hear from us within two weeks, please note your application has not been successful on this occasion.